Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sweet Potato Casserole

I got this one from a friend I worked for (where I got the Whole Wheat Muffin recipe). She has so many amazing recipes. I don't like sweet potatoes much, but I like this. It's flavor is very rich, so you won't want a huge portion.

SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE

3 cups cooked and whipped sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine

Topping:
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, and 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into a 2 quart shallow casserole dish.

Combine topping ingredients in a medium bowl and cut with a pastry cutter to make streusel-like topping. Sprinkle over potato mixture.

Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments: